Vision & Values & Ethos
HEART HAND & MIND
Children’s Vision Statement
- The children of Stow-on-the-Wold Primary School want to be part of the community.
- We want school to be a place where we learn, through having fun and making mistakes.
- We respect that others may be different to us and want everyone to be happy when we do well.
- Stow-on-the-Wold Primary School will be at the heart of the community; a place where everyone is keen to achieve and share in success, making best use of all resources and celebrating diversity.
- Everyone will have a clear understanding of their contribution to the School in its central role of raising standards; educational, physical, moral, spiritual, cultural and social.
Community Cohesion Statement
Written by the School Council
- At Stow-on-the-Wold Primary School we welcome children who may have a disability or learning problems; we try to make them feel better about themselves by helping them to feel included. We welcome childrenwho aren’t confident and we will help them with their learning.
- We also welcome children from another country and if they belong to a different religion.
- Whatever your family background we will include children however long they want to be here. We welcome children back when they have been away and show everyone in our school respect.
We encourage and value kindness and caring.
Children and staff have respect for one another, helping and supporting each other.
We have a strong focus on diversity and inclusion.
We celebrate and welcome diversity among our wider school community.
We expect openness and honesty at all levels. We expect everyone to do their best at all times.
We encourage responsibility and co-operation.
Appropriate behaviour and manners are expected and encouraged from all.
We focus strongly on enjoyment and opportunity, developing these through a creative and stimulating learning environment with rich and memorable experiences.
We always recognise, reward and encourage, with an expectation of success.
We expect and celebrate the achievement of all members of our community.
We learn from our experiences and strive to enhance future performance.
Together We Can Succeed